As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Are you ready to elevate your dessert game with a divine combination of flavors? This Vanilla Raspberry Cake recipe is a heavenly creation that marries the subtlety of vanilla with the vibrant tanginess of raspberries. Perfect for celebrations or a delightful treat any day!
Let’s gather the ingredients you’ll need:
For the Cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Raspberry Filling:
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
For the Vanilla Frosting:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Let’s begin with the preparation:
- Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease and flour two 8-inch round cake pans.
- Cream Butter and Sugar: In a mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until it’s light and fluffy.
- Add Eggs and Vanilla: Beat in the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract.
- Mix Dry Ingredients: In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder. Gradually add this mixture to the wet ingredients, alternating with the milk. Mix until well combined.
Divide and Bake: Divide the cake batter evenly between the prepared pans and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Prepare Raspberry Sauce: In a saucepan, combine raspberries, granulated sugar, cornstarch, and water. Cook over medium heat until the mixture thickens, then remove from heat and let it cool.
- Layer with Raspberry Filling: Once the cake layers have cooled, spread the raspberry sauce evenly on top of one layer. Place the second layer on top.
- Whip the Cream: Whip the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract together until stiff peaks form.
- Frost the Cake: Frost the entire cake with the whipped cream, creating swirls for an elegant finish.
Garnish with Raspberries: Decorate the cake with fresh raspberries on top for a burst of color and flavor.
Slice and Serve: Use a sharp knife to slice this delectable creation into pieces of pure delight. Serve it with a smile, and watch it disappear!
Tips and Tricks
Fresh Raspberries: Opt for fresh, ripe raspberries for the filling and garnish to achieve the best flavor.
Chill Before Serving: For optimal taste, refrigerate the cake for at least an hour before serving.
Smooth Frosting: To achieve a smooth frosting finish, use an offset spatula dipped in warm water.
Q1: Can I use frozen raspberries for the filling?
A1: Yes, you can use frozen raspberries, but fresh ones are recommended for a more vibrant flavor.
Q2: Can I make this cake a day ahead?
A2: Absolutely! This cake can be made a day in advance, and it will still taste delicious.
Q3: Is there a substitute for heavy cream in the frosting?
A3: You can use whipped mascarpone cheese or coconut cream as a substitute for heavy cream in the frosting.
Q4: Can I add other berries to the filling?
A4: Yes, you can mix in other berries like strawberries or blueberries to the raspberry filling for a berry medley.
Q5: How should I store leftovers of the Vanilla Raspberry Cake?
A5: Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
In conclusion, the Vanilla Raspberry Cake is a testament to the delightful harmony of flavors. The vanilla-infused cake layers, paired with the zingy raspberry filling and the velvety vanilla frosting, create a dessert that’s as beautiful as it is delicious.
Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or simply craving a sweet indulgence, this cake is a showstopper.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.