As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Welcome to a delightful journey into the world of summer desserts! This Summer Raspberry Cake recipe is a burst of sunshine on your taste buds. Combining the freshness of raspberries with a moist, fluffy cake and a luscious frosting, it’s the perfect treat for warm, sunny days.
Let’s gather our ingredients for this delightful summer cake:
For the Cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Raspberry Filling:
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
For the Frosting:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Let’s begin with the preparation:
- Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease and flour two 8-inch round cake pans.
- Cream Butter and Sugar: In a mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until it’s light and fluffy.
- Add Eggs and Vanilla: Beat in the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract.
- Mix Dry Ingredients: In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder. Gradually add this mixture to the wet ingredients, alternating with the milk. Mix until well combined.
Divide and Bake: Divide the cake batter evenly between the prepared pans and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Prepare Raspberry Sauce: In a saucepan, combine raspberries, granulated sugar, cornstarch, and water. Cook over medium heat until the mixture thickens, then remove from heat and let it cool.
- Layer with Raspberry Filling: Once the cake layers have cooled, spread the raspberry sauce evenly on top of one layer. Place the second layer on top.
- Whip the Cream: Whip the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract together until stiff peaks form.
- Frost the Cake: Frost the entire cake with the whipped cream, creating swirls for an elegant finish.
Garnish with Raspberries: Decorate the cake with fresh raspberries on top for a burst of color and flavor.
Slice and Serve: Use a sharp knife to slice this summer delight into pieces of pure bliss. Serve it with a dollop of whipped cream and extra raspberries on the side.
Tips and Tricks
- Fresh Raspberries: Use fresh, ripe raspberries for the best flavor in the filling and garnish.
- Even Layers: Ensure the cake layers are even and level for a professional look.
- Chill Before Serving: Refrigerate the cake for at least an hour before serving to enhance the flavors.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1: Can I use frozen raspberries for the filling?
A1: Yes, you can use frozen raspberries, but fresh ones are recommended for a more vibrant flavor.
Q2: Can I make this cake a day ahead?
A2: Absolutely! This cake can be made a day in advance, and it will still taste delicious.
Q3: Is there a substitute for heavy cream in the frosting?
A3: You can use whipped mascarpone cheese or coconut cream as a substitute for heavy cream in the frosting.
Q4: Can I add other berries to the filling?
A4: Yes, you can mix in other berries like strawberries or blueberries to the raspberry filling for a berry medley.
Q5: How should I store leftovers of the Summer Raspberry Cake?
A5: Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
In conclusion, this Summer Raspberry Cake is a celebration of the season’s vibrant flavors. The tartness of raspberries complements the sweetness of the cake and cream, making every bite a refreshing experience.
Whether you’re hosting a summer party or simply treating yourself, this cake is a surefire way to enjoy the sunny days.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.