As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Are you craving a delicious and indulgent dessert that’s easy to make? Look no further than this Oreo Cake Recipe with Cake Mix. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or a beginner in the kitchen, this recipe is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
In this article, we’ll guide you through the steps to create a mouthwatering Oreo cake that will impress your family and friends.
Before you begin, gather the following ingredients:
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of water
- 1 package of Oreo cookies
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 package of instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream
- 1/4 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3. Preparation
- Let’s get started:
- Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
Baking the Cake
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, and water.
- Crush a handful of Oreo cookies and fold them into the cake batter for an extra Oreo flavor.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Preparing the Oreo Frosting
- While the cakes are baking, prepare the Oreo frosting.
- In a bowl, whisk together the instant chocolate pudding mix and milk until it thickens.
- Crush more Oreo cookies and fold them into the pudding mixture.
- In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the Oreo pudding mixture.
Assembling the Oreo Cake
- Once the cakes have cooled, remove them from the pans.
- Spread a layer of the Oreo frosting on top.
- Add the second cake layer and frost the top and sides with the remaining Oreo frosting.
- Crush a few more Oreo cookies and sprinkle them over the cake for decoration.
Serving and Enjoying
Cut yourself a generous slice of this delectable Oreo cake, pour a glass of cold milk, and savor every bite. The combination of moist chocolate cake and creamy Oreo frosting is a true delight for dessert lovers.
Tips and Variations
- You can add chopped Oreo cookies to the cake batter for an extra crunch.
- Try different flavors of cake mix for a unique twist on this recipe.
- For a vegan version, use a vegan cake mix and dairy-free substitutes for the frosting ingredients.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1: Can I make this cake in advance?
Yes, you can prepare the cake and frosting separately in advance and assemble them just before serving for optimal freshness.
Q2: Can I use a different type of cookie for this recipe?
While Oreo cookies are the classic choice, you can experiment with other cookies for a different flavor profile.
Q3: How should I store leftover cake?
Store any leftover cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
Q4: Can I freeze this cake?
Yes, you can freeze the cake layers without the frosting. Wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil before freezing for up to three months.
Q5: What other desserts can I make with Oreo cookies?
You can use Oreo cookies in various desserts, including Oreo cheesecake, Oreo truffles, and Oreo milkshakes.
Now that you have the perfect Oreo cake recipe with cake mix at your fingertips, it’s time to put on your apron and start baking. Whether it’s a special occasion or a craving for a sweet treat, this Oreo cake will always be a crowd-pleaser. Enjoy!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.