As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
When the decadence of Tiramisu meets the creativity of Milk Bar, something truly magical happens. In this article, we’ll take you through the journey of creating a Milk Bar Tiramisu Cake, a delightful twist on the classic Italian dessert. Get ready to indulge in layers of flavor and texture!
To create this heavenly dessert, gather the following ingredients:
For the Tiramisu Base:
- 1/2 cup of cooled, strong brewed coffee
- Optionally, add 1/4 cup of coffee liqueur.
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
For the Coffee Soak:
- Half a cup of cooled, robust brewed coffee.
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur (optional)
- For the Mascarpone Filling:
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Milk Bar Magic:
- 1/2 cup Milk Bar birthday cake crumbs
- 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
Let’s start by creating the Tiramisu base:
Mix Coffee and Cocoa: In a bowl, combine the cooled brewed coffee, coffee liqueur (if using), cocoa powder, and granulated sugar. Stir until the sugar and cocoa are fully dissolved.
Prepare Coffee Soak: In another bowl, mix the cooled brewed coffee and coffee liqueur (if using). This will be used to soak the cake layers.
- Whip Mascarpone: In a separate mixing bowl, whip the mascarpone cheese until it’s smooth and creamy.
- Add Sugar and Vanilla: Gradually add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract to the mascarpone, continuing to whip until well combined.
Milk Bar Magic
Create Milk Bar Crumbs: Crush Milk Bar birthday cake crumbs into smaller pieces and mix them with rainbow sprinkles for that signature Milk Bar crunch.
- Layer the Cake: Begin by placing one cake layer on your serving platter. Using a pastry brush, soak the layer with the coffee mixture.
- Add Mascarpone Filling: Spread a generous layer of the mascarpone filling on top of the soaked cake layer.
- Sprinkle Milk Bar Crumbs: Sprinkle a portion of the Milk Bar crumbs and rainbow sprinkles mixture over the mascarpone layer.
- Repeat Layers: Repeat this process for the second and third cake layers.
Finish with Cocoa: Dust the top of the cake with cocoa powder for that classic Tiramisu look.
Chill and Serve: Refrigerate the cake for at least 4 hours, allowing the flavors to meld. Slice and serve chilled for the best taste.
Tips and Tricks
- Use Quality Coffee: For the best flavor, use high-quality coffee for both the soak and the Tiramisu base.
- Fresh Mascarpone: Opt for fresh mascarpone cheese as it creates a smoother filling.
- Prepare in Advance: You can make this cake a day ahead of serving, as it allows the flavors to develop even further.
Q1: Can I make this cake without coffee liqueur?
A1: Yes, you can omit the coffee liqueur from both the coffee soak and the Tiramisu base for a non-alcoholic version.
Q2: Where can I find Milk Bar birthday cake crumbs?
A2: You can purchase Milk Bar birthday cake crumbs online or make them at home using their signature birthday cake recipe.
Q3: Can I use a different type of liqueur in this recipe?
A3: While coffee liqueur is traditional, you can experiment with other liqueurs like amaretto or rum for different flavor profiles.
Q4: How long can I store leftovers of the Milk Bar Tiramisu Cake?
A4: You can store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days in an airtight container.
Q5: Can I use a different type of cake for this recipe?
A5: While sponge cake is traditional for Tiramisu, you can use other cake types like ladyfingers or vanilla cake if you
In conclusion, the Milk Bar Tiramisu Cake is a delightful fusion of two beloved desserts. With layers of coffee-soaked cake, luscious mascarpone filling, and the playful addition of Milk Bar crumbs, it’s a dessert that’s both familiar and exciting.
Whether you’re a Tiramisu enthusiast or a Milk Bar fan, this cake will surely leave you craving for more.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.