As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Baking a biscuit cake is a delightful way to satisfy your sweet cravings without the fuss of traditional cake recipes. Whether it’s for a special occasion or just a sweet indulgence, a biscuit cake is quick and easy to make.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll walk you through the step-by-step process, share essential tips, and answer common questions about baking a biscuit cake.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Before we dive into the baking process, let’s gather the ingredients:
- 2 packets of your favorite biscuits (about 400g)
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- Chocolate chips or cocoa powder (optional for flavor)
- Chopped nuts (optional for garnish)
To make a delicious biscuit cake, you’ll need the following equipment:
Step 1: Preparing the Biscuits
- Take your favorite biscuits (we recommend digestive biscuits for a classic flavor) and break them into smaller pieces. Place them in a mixing bowl.
- Add one cup of milk to the broken biscuits. Allow them to soak for about 10 minutes, ensuring they become soft and moist.
- After soaking, use a hand mixer or a whisk to blend the biscuits and milk into a smooth paste. This forms the base of your biscuit cake.
Step 2: Making the Cake Batter
- In a separate bowl, combine 1/2 cup of sugar, 1/4 cup of unsalted butter (at room temperature), 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Mix them until the mixture becomes creamy.
- Slowly incorporate the biscuit-milk paste into the creamy mixture. Blend until all the ingredients are well mix . You can also add chocolate chips or cocoa powder for a chocolaty twist at this stage.
- Finally, add 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder to the batter, ensuring your biscuit cake turns out light and fluffy. Mix gently.
Step 3: Assembling the Cake
- Line your cake tin or dish with parchment paper. This prevents the cake from sticking to the surface.
- Pour the prepared cake batter into the tin and spread it evenly using a spatula.
- For an extra touch, you can sprinkle chopped nuts on top of the batter to add a delightful crunch.
Step 4: Baking the Cake
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F) for about 10 minutes.
- Place the cake tin in the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Once baked, remove the cake from the oven and let it cool to room temperature.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: Can I use any type of biscuits for this cake?
Yes, you can use your favorite biscuits, but digestive biscuits are a popular choice due to their neutral flavor.
Q2: Can I make this cake without an oven?
Certainly! You can use a stovetop or microwave to steam the cake. Simply use a heatproof dish, cover it, and steam for about 30-35 minutes.
Q3: How do I store the biscuit cake?
Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days.
Q4: Can I add fruits to the cake batter?
Absolutely! You can add chopped fruits like bananas, berries, or even pineapple for a fruity twist.
Q5: Can I make this cake eggless?
Yes, this biscuit cake recipe is eggless, making it suitable for vegetarians.
Baking a biscuit cake is a simple and rewarding experience that can satisfy your sweet tooth. By following these steps and incorporating your favorite flavors, you’ll create a delicious treat that everyone will love. So, go ahead, bake your biscuit cake, and enjoy the delightful taste of homemade goodness.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.