As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Oreo cake pops are a delightful treat that combines the beloved Oreo cookie with rich, creamy frosting, and a luscious chocolate coating. These bite-sized delights are perfect for parties, celebrations, or just a sweet indulgence.
In this step-by-step guide, we’ll show you how to make Oreo cake pops from scratch.
- 1 package of Oreo cookies (approximately 36 cookies)
- 8 ounces (226g) of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (180g) of semi-sweet chocolate chips or melting wafers
- Lollipop sticks
- Sprinkles or crushed Oreo crumbs (optional)
- Wax paper
Crush the Oreo Cookies:
- Begin by placing the Oreo cookies in a food processor or a large zip-top bag.
- Crush the cookies into fine crumbs. If you’re using a bag, you can use a rolling pin to crush them.
Mix with Cream Cheese:
- Transfer the Oreo crumbs into a mixing bowl.
- Use a mixer or your hands to combine the crumbs and cream cheese until you have a uniform, dough-like consistency.
Shape the Cake Balls:
- Scoop out small portions of the mixture and roll them into bite-sized balls (about 1 inch in diameter).
- Place the cake balls on a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
Insert Lollipop Sticks:
- Melt a small amount of the chocolate chips or melting wafers.
- Dip one end of each lollipop stick into the melted chocolate and then insert it into a cake ball.
- This helps the cake ball adhere to the stick.
Chill the Cake Pops:
Once all cake balls have sticks, place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for about 20-30 minutes to firm up.
Melt Chocolate Coating:
In a microwave-safe bowl or using a double boiler, melt the remaining chocolate chips or melting wafers until smooth.
Dip the Cake Pops:
- Take each chilled cake pop and dip it into the melted chocolate, coating it evenly.
- Allow any excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl.
While the chocolate is still wet, you can sprinkle crushed Oreo crumbs or colorful sprinkles on top for extra flair.
Set on Wax Paper to Dry:
Place the dipped cake pops back onto the wax paper-lined baking sheet to set.
Cool and Serve:
Allow the chocolate coating to cool and harden. You can speed up the process by placing them in the refrigerator for about 15-20 minutes.
Once the chocolate is completely set, your homemade Oreo cake pops are ready to enjoy!
What ingredients do I need to make Oreo cake pops?
To make Oreo cake pops, you’ll need Oreo cookies, cream cheese, chocolate for coating, lollipop sticks, and optional decorations like sprinkles.
Can I use any flavor of Oreo cookies for this recipe?
Yes, you can experiment with different Oreo flavors to create unique cake pops. Traditional chocolate-flavored Oreos work well, but you can also try other flavors like mint, peanut butter, or golden Oreos.
Do I need a food processor to crush the Oreo cookies?
While a food processor makes the process quicker, you can also crush the cookies by placing them in a zip-top bag and using a rolling pin or the back of a spoon to crush them.
How do I prevent my cake pops from falling off the sticks?
To prevent cake pops from falling off the sticks, make sure the cake balls are properly chilled before dipping them in melted chocolate. Also, secure the sticks by dipping them in melted chocolate before inserting them into the cake balls.
Can I store Oreo cake pops, and how long do they stay fresh?
Yes, you can store Oreo cake pops in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. Just be sure to let them come to room temperature before serving for the best taste and texture.
Making Oreo cake pops is a fun and delicious way to satisfy your sweet tooth. Whether you’re making them for a special occasion or as a delightful snack, these cake pops are sure to be a hit with family and friends.
Get creative with your decorations, and enjoy the delightful combination of Oreo goodness in every bite!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.