As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Gingerbread is a beloved holiday flavor that conjures up warm and cozy feelings. This gingerbread bundt cake recipe is the perfect dessert for any festive occasion, and it’s surprisingly simple to make.
Whether you’re a seasoned baker or a novice, this cake will impress your family and friends. So, let’s get started on creating this delicious treat!
To make this gingerbread bundt cake, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup unsulphured molasses
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
Before you begin, ensure you have the necessary equipment:
- A bundt cake pan
- Mixing bowls
- Electric mixer or stand mixer
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Cooling rack
Preparing the Batter
Start by preheating your oven to 350°F (175°C) and greasing your bundt pan with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and salt. Set this dry mixture aside.
- In another bowl, use your electric mixer to cream the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, ensuring each is fully incorporated before adding the next.
- Stir the molasses into the hot water until well combined.
- Dissolve the baking soda in the molasses and hot water mixture.
Filling the Bundt Pan
Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter-sugar-egg mixture, alternating with the molasses mixture. Begin and end with the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined after each addition.
- Pour the gingerbread cake batter into the greased bundt pan, ensuring it’s evenly distributed.
Baking the Cake
Bake the cake in the preheated oven for approximately 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for about 10 minutes.
- Then, carefully invert the cake onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
Preparing the Glaze
- While the cake cools, you can prepare a simple glaze for added sweetness and decoration.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup of powdered sugar with 2 tablespoons of milk or water. Mix until smooth.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cooled gingerbread bundt cake.
Tips for Success
- Use unsulphured molasses for the best flavor.
- Grease the bundt pan thoroughly to prevent sticking.
- Don’t overmix the batter; mix until just combined.
- Feel free to get creative with your gingerbread bundt cake by adding chopped nuts, raisins, or even a cream cheese filling for an extra layer of flavor.
Serve your gingerbread bundt cake with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a delightful treat.
Store any leftover cake in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days or refrigerate for longer freshness.
Can I substitute molasses with something else?
Yes, you can use dark corn syrup as a molasses substitute, though the flavor will be slightly different.
How can I enhance the ginger flavor?
You can increase the amount of ground ginger or add some finely grated fresh ginger for a stronger ginger kick.
Now that you have the recipe and tips, it’s time to enjoy this delightful gingerbread bundt cake with your loved ones during the holiday season!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.